[mythtv-users] 0.21 to 0.27: Channel Icons missing

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 05:43:13 UTC 2015

Hoi Bill,

Saturday, October 17, 2015, 7:40:42 AM, you wrote:

> On 10/16/2015 11:54 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Bill,
>>
>> Saturday, October 17, 2015, 6:12:26 AM, you wrote:
>>> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythbase/storagegroup.cpp?h=fixes/0.27#n68
>>> Unless the directories don't exist and can't be created,
>>> there's no logging available.
>> I haven't noticed problems, but I also haven't tried it all out.
>> If I check I don't see any SG ChannelIcons or alike.
>> My database comes from 0.26 and is now 0.27.5.
>> Could it be that on a new system the SG is automatically created but
>> not while upgrading?

> The SG is created automatically, but not in the DB (unless
> someone chooses to create one there.) See the link above.
> The built-in directories are also created automatically if
> they don't exist.

> Expect to see the directory in ~mythtv/.mythtv, which could be
> changed by running the backend as another user, resetting HOME
> or setting MYTHCONFDIR.

I was wondering, because the default SG's Default, LiveTV, DB Backups,
Videos, Trailers, Coverart, Fanart, Screenshots and Banners are there
initially. If you have assigned any directory to them or not? At least
as I remember. Why then does ChannelIcons not show up in the list as
(Create ChannelIcons group). I seems at least inconsistent.
But I could remember wrongly

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven