[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:52:44 UTC 2015

Hoi Alec,

> On 15/10/15 22:12, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>

>> On 10/14/2015 7:28 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>>

>> So if we're going to abandon all hope on the HID device, how about the
>> older device that *does* load mceusb.ko. I do get output from
>> ir-keytable but not from irw. I do have the udev rule installed fixing
>> permissions on /dev/lirc0.
>>
>> Thoughts on getting this one working?

> Well, your must first decide if you want to use the kernel decoding (i.
> e., the devinput driver) or lirc's own - the default driver.

> Thoughts?

I'm now a bit mystified. You get output from ir-keytable but `cat
/dev/input/event9` gives nothing? That sounds contradictory as
ir-keytable works through the event node!?

Also earlier in the thread you were talking about event11 through 13

One other thing. I have all the time assumed you have them connected
together. Right?
If you run lircd more then once, you have to tell each instance how to
name the socket and the symlink in /dev to it or the second will
overwrite cq conflict with the first. The default is:
/var/run/lirc/lircd and /dev/lircd as the symlink to it.
So probably in your lirc_options.conf you have to have something like
socket=/var/run/lirc/lircd0 and
socket=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 for the two devices
or if you can add options:
--output=/var/run/lirc/lircd0 and
--output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1

Tot mails,