[mythtv-users] 0.21 to 0.27: Channel Icons missing
Jerome Yuzyk
jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Oct 15 20:20:26 UTC 2015
On Saturday, September 19, 2015 07:00:08 PM mo.ucina wrote:
>
> On 19/09/15 07:18, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > On Friday, September 18, 2015 09:49:43 AM Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >> On 9/18/2015 9:42 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >>> I haven't yet, but others have had to. The icons are all where they
> >>> should be, owned my mythtv. Apache is configured as out of the box
> >>> plus the mythweb config, everything worked except the icons and the
> >>> Backend Logs link. The backend, frontend, and -setup all run as
> >>> mythtv. I forgot to mention in my reply to Kirk that my icons live in
> >>> /var/lib/mythweb/data/tv_icons and after putting icons there they all
> >>> show in MythWeb just like they used to in 0.21. So, there's some kind
> >>> of disconnect.
> >> Is this some kind of permissions thing? On my setup Mythbackend is
> >> running as user mythtv whereas mythweb is running as the web server user
> >> apache.
> >
> I remember having to create a special group for icons , and then in the
> icon path definition under channels , changed the absolute paths to
> relative ones . This is because now they sat in this icon group/folder
> place .
Yep, that's what I had to do: create a "Channel Icons" Storage Group and then point it to /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels. Now I see them in the EPG and Info screens for a program I'm viewing. So in 0.27.4 at least icons-handling isn't automatic.
--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list