[mythtv-users] Optimum Cable Copy Once creep

Lars Olav Husebo larsolav75 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:02:15 UTC 2015

Heads up on more Copy Once! I'm on Optimum Cable on Long Island for three years now, and until recently all "non-premium" channels (e.g. CNN, Disney Channel, Comedy Centra, Cartoon Network, NIck,  some sports channels, etc) were CCI labeled copy freely and "premium" channels (e.g. Disney XD, TeeNick, sports and movie channels, etc) were labeled copy once. However, since this summer more and more "non-premium" channels are getting the Copy Once tag. Over the summer at least TBS, TNT, and USA networks got it. And just a week ago Comedy Central, CNN, Cartoon Network, and Nick among others were switched to Copy Once! I'd say well over half of the "non-premium" non-broadcast channels have Copy Once tags. I gave them a call, and was told by a supervisor that, yes, that is the way it is going...
So now I will have to bite the bullet and install a Windows 7 machine for those channels until HDHomerun DVR actually works with Copy Once protected channels.
Any other Optimum subscribers notice this?
Lars