[mythtv-users] Some of my pay channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime) now work in Myth. SD only

Tom Bongiorno tbjr at bongohut.com
Tue Oct 13 22:23:13 UTC 2015


On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Eric,
>
> Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 11:20:36 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Tom Bongiorno <tbjr at bongohut.com>
> wrote:
> >> I could believe that the STB component out was subpar. The STB->TV was
> DVI,
> >> and the STB->HDPVR was component.
>
> > Then I stand by my assertion that "MythTV cannot properly record
> > channels marked as copy-once or copy-never." is an overly broad
> > generalization.
>
> > Eric
>
> It also depends on your TV. I still watch on an analog TV. I see the
> difference between pure analog and SD, but not between SD and HD. And
> actually sometimes when I watch with somebody else, I find the
> sharpness of the picture tiring to my eyes! More detail then needed,
> but which my brain will have to process!
>
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>

Yikes! Don't watch those 4K or 8K demos. You may go blind or you head could
explode!

Your inability to discern digital SD and HD may be you or the significant
compression of your HD feed. Maybe both.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20151013/7d370558/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list