[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 13 12:28:14 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 07:30 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 13/10/15 11:44, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/10/2015 12:04 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> And recently I've had occasional recordings marked as failed that have
>>> been recoverable;  I haven't found a way of telling 'Previously
>>> Recorded' about that, so they are quite likely to be re-scheduled.
>>
>> In Previously Recorded, select "Never record this episode" from the menu
>> (that would be the shortcut menu you get when you SELECT the item, not
>> the screen-related-options menu you get with MENU).
>
> OK, thanks, Mike.  That, and your other adjacent comments, looks good.
>
> What I was really after, although it doesn't look like that here, was
> a way of stopping the recovered 'failed' recording being automatically
> disappeared from 'Previously Recorded', so that *I* shall know, at
> some future time, that I have (or had) what seemed to be an acceptable
> version.
>
> Since your suggestion implies that the recording will remain in the
> DB, perhaps it does that.
>
> By 'recoverable' I mean that it appears, usually from the log of my
> cutting script, that the 'failure' wasn't too bad; perhaps a delay in
> getting lock, or a discontinuity in timestamps.  The 'failure'
> criteria are good but maybe sometimes unnecessarily strict.  Hindsight
> helps.

Yeah, it won't change the failure info in the recording (I don't know if
there's a way to do that--other than using Python bindings in a script
or similar), but it will mark the episode so that it's not considered
for recording when duplicate matching is enabled.  So this may not be
what you want.

Mike