[mythtv-users] Some of my pay channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime) now work in Myth. SD only

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:46:26 UTC 2015

So I recently decided to try out HDHomeRun's DVR preview (Spoiler alert: it
sucks), and part of the installation process involved the latest HDHomeRun
View Windows app going out and flashing the firmware on my HDHR boxes.
After the flash and channel rescan, I noticed that some of my pay channels
showed up in the scan. I thought that perhaps this would only work in the
HDHomeRun app, but It turned out that I could access channels like Cinemax,
HBO and Showtime from my MythTV box without issue.

There's no rhyme or reason to the channels that I can tell - Some work and
some don't - And none of the HD versions work. But hey, it's something. I'm
not sure if this I have special firmware (Protected content does not work
with the HDHR DVR at this time), or if Charter has done something or what.
Thought it was worth mentioning though.