[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 13 10:39:34 UTC 2015

On 10/10/2015 12:04 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> ISTR that when I have stopped a recording, or it has been 'failed', it
> will restart if I delete it from 'Previously Recorded'.

Remember, too, that MythTV is smart enough to know that because this
recording failed and we are part-way into the showing, if it restarts
the recording, it won't get the whole show.  Therefore, if there are any
other showings of the episode in your listings, MythTV will not restart
the recording.

There's too little information in this post to determine whether the
"other" situation (the first one that happened to the OP, not the one
that just happened) should have even attempted to restart.  As far as
the current issue, it should not have restarted because MythTV didn't
know it had failed (which is why MythTV thought it was still recording it).

Mike