[mythtv-users] DCX3200M and the 6200ch program

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Oct 11 00:52:25 UTC 2015

I scratched my head over this a while, Googled a bunch, even looked at the box's diagnostics (lots in there) to see that the ieee1394 port is enabled. It is, as are a few other ports - interesting to see. Then I remembered my machine had never had a firewire cable plugged into it and if it's like other plugs it tended to suck in dust (turning into fuzz) over time. So I unplugged, gave the socket a good vacuum and the swish of a paintbrush, plugged back in and it works now!

I had to add to 6200ch.c (for an Arris DCX-3200M P3):

    #define DCX3200M_VENDOR_ID3 0x00946269
    #define DCX3200M_MODEL_ID3  0x00002322

and some changes in the   if ( ((dir.vendor_id ) ... block further below it.

Q: Who should get these changes?

Q: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/6200ch says I should update firewiredevice.cpp but I'm on Fedora using RPMs. What to do?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca