[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend
John P Poet
jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:07:32 UTC 2015
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 11:53 AM Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Ross Boylan
> <rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> > I suppose if I were adventurous I could install X in the VM
> > and attempt to view the VM display "directly" via VirtualBox (the
> > virtualization software). I suspect that wouldn't work well.
>
> That'll work a lot better than X11 forwarding.
>
> Eric
>
Like Eric said, letting VirtualBox handle it is probably the best, but if
that does not work for some reason you could try x2go. I use it for remote
desktops and it works really well -- most of the time. It does not work
with the latest versions of Gnome, KDE or LXQt. It works pretty well with
LXDE, and such, though.
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20151009/c1d8a14a/attachment.html>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list