[mythtv-users] WeTek Play for MythTV

Swanseasurfing swanseasurfing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:56:12 UTC 2015

> Backend is possible, tunners must be supported by linux. very limited
> storage space to recorded to though.
>
> As it is a ARM, the GPU with not be ulitised by mythtvfrontend and
> software decode with probably be too slow on the ARM CPU.

The German Magazine c't tested this box and they described how to install
vdr or tvheadend as a backend and use a hard disk for the recordings while
kodi is used as frontend.

http://m.heise.de/ct/ausgabe/2015-20-Test-Mediacenter-Wetek-Play-OpenELEC-mit-Sat-Doppel-Tuner-2793585.html

If the MythTV Plugin is available it could act as a Mythfrontend machine.
But to my mind it would be a very interesting use case to run this box as
Mythbackend:
- the power consumption can't be that high, so running it 24/7 won't kill
your electricity bill
- 2 tuners are built-in
- attaching a hard disk is possible
- it costs only 99 EUR
I would be very glad if someone shares experiences running this box. :-)

Thank you
  Jens