[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 03:27:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/2015 9:40 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>

>> Now the upcoming records says it's recording on tuner 3, and the
>> listings show that it's recording, but it really isn't.  The recoded
>> programs doesn't show it at all, and tuner status shows nothing
>> recording on tuner 3.  In fact, I can go into live TV and use that
>> tuner.
>>
>> Digging a little deeper, I verified that no recording file is being
>> created.  It appears that, possibly because of the delete (which I'm
>> fairly sure I've done in the past) the record for that isn't in the
>> recorded table either.
>
> If you change the Recording Group to Deleted, do you see it?  If so, delete
> it from there.  If not, restart your master backend.
>
> Mike

Thanks for that second suggestion there!  Once I had a break where
nothing was recording I restarted the backend and that "stuck"
recording status in the schedule went away.  Thanks!

It still seems to me as though something changed in the handling of
failed recordings in this release, after having it do odd stuff on
both occasions where it's happened to me since upgrading.  Is anyone
aware of anything related to that?

Thanks again!
Tom