[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:50:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow...I'm running mythtv-0.27.5 on Gentoo and I just had something
> happen that's never occurred for me before caused by a "recorder
> failed" failure.

You know...after sending that something else occurred to me:  Since
upgrading to 0.27.5 (from 0.27.3) I had one other recording fail, and
that did something entirely different that was almost as odd.  It
would NOT in any way allow me to delete the recording from the
recording screen of the frontend, because I couldn't get into the
menu.  Attempting to go to the menu from that failed recording gave me
the same error popup I'd get trying to play it saying that the file
wasn't there.  The only way I could delete it was from mythweb.

Did something around that change between those releases?  Those are
both really strange things that never happened to me in eight years of
using myth.

Thanks in advance.
Tom