[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers For LIRC

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Oct 7 20:31:34 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, October 07, 2015 12:52:28 PM Kirk Bocek wrote:

> that just auto-logins to the mythtv user and runs mythfrontend. I do
> *want* to run ir-exec however. I bind a key to a script that kills X and
> thus restarts mythfrontend. I understand that a keyboard-driven device
> would forgo this capability.

xbindkeys could do something with one of the multimedia key definitions to run that script. There might even be key definitions like XF86Sleep that can be coopted.

I use xbindkeys to set a few of my desktop's keys to run a script that does things to my Myth box so I know it can be used to define keys to run scripts, and should listen to remote-control keypresses similarly.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca