[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers For LIRC

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 7 19:52:28 UTC 2015

On 10/7/2015 12:25 PM, Tom Bongiorno wrote:

> Is your setup a standalone frontend configuration? Do you run multiple
> applications? Do you use special button modes like long button
> presses? Do you sleep you system from the remote?

Stand-alone. Every frontend I've configured has been a barebones X setup
that just auto-logins to the mythtv user and runs mythfrontend. I do
*want* to run ir-exec however. I bind a key to a script that kills X and
thus restarts mythfrontend. I understand that a keyboard-driven device
would forgo this capability.

No sleep. I never even knew identifying long key presses was a possibility.