[mythtv-users] Sudoers quandry

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 7 10:07:41 UTC 2015

> My new installation of Mythbuntu (a  LIVA ECS X) is not letting me grant
> elevated privileges to shutdown from the mythtv group.
>
> Any idea why this line in /etc/sudoers is not letting  my user accounts
> shut the box down?
>
> %mythtv localhost=(ALL) NOPASSWD:
> /sbin/shutdown,/sbin/halt,/sbin/reboot,/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh,/usr/bin/mythshutdown

I had to add /sbin/poweroff to my list.

It also depends what user you have set up as the default login user. I'm
sure when I installed mine 'mythtv' was NOT recommended as the default
login - another name is required as the user that runs the frontend in
which case the sudoers file will be wrong.

--
Robin Gilks