[mythtv-users] Debug Atom/Ion HDMI audio?

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:19:45 UTC 2015

I recently switched my frontend to a Zotac Zbox with an Atom 330 and Ion
GPU.  I've worked out most of the issues, but still have one remaining
problem that I'm having a hard time debugging.

The audio has very frequent dropouts, where there will be no sound for a
fraction of a second.  These little hiccups are sometimes bad enough to be
unwatchable.

- The program seems to be okey.  I've played the same video on my TV via
DNLP and it played perfectly.
- The video shows no interruption, only the audio has problems.
- Audio/Video output is over HDMI to a Yamaha soundbar

In the past, I had used this hardware for a myth frontend.  At that time my
display was 720p, it's now doing 1080p.  Could 1080p be stressing the Ion?

I tried running mythfrontend with "-verbose audio" and didn't get any audio
logs.  Any pointers on how to debug the audio issue?