[mythtv-users] Football and see schedule adjustments

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Oct 4 22:25:11 UTC 2015

On Sunday, October 04, 2015 08:52:06 PM Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:15 PM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > They could move them to the .2 channels (which sometimes happens for local sports).
>
> The "alternative" channel (whether .2 or something else
> does not matter) is not offered in all markets, but even
> when available tends to have less bandwidth assigned
> to it, so "someone" has to lose quality.  I think who
> loses would be an interesting battle (played on a
> regulation football field?).

And, there's no way to know whether it will get bumped to that channel anyway. In Canada TSN has 5 channels, and bumps ongoing coverage to another channel if it's considered "less important" than what is scheduled, for some value of "important" that may be influenced by contractual obligations.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca