[mythtv-users] iMon remote, some keys not working?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 4 14:51:23 UTC 2015


On 10/03/2015 12:48 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.  
>
> Hika's response was correct, I was able to add Play/Pause events via
> the MythTV settings.    But, there were some keypresses that I can see
> in ir-keytable, which didn't generate a key event within MythTV.
>
> After a bit more digging, I found that the basic key code mappings are
> in /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_pad
> For some of the keys that MythTV was not picking up, I re-mapped them
> to simple keyboard inputs.    Since this system only runs
> mythfrontend, that's not a problem.  But, it does seem kludgey to do
> it this way..  and I'm sure I'll forget about it by the time I do my
> next frontend upgrade in a couple years.
>
> It seems like this was close to "just working" out of the box.  The
> USB device was auto-detected and the drivers mapped the remote keys to
> reasonable settings.   The gap was that MythTV did not recognize the
> multimedia keys by default.    This seems odd.  Isn't MythTV an
> extremely good use case for those multimedia key inputs like
> "KEY_PAUSE"?  It also doesn't seem like there would be drawbacks to
> mapping these by default.  
>
>
>

You can prevent the Media keys from launching default applications using
dconf or gsettings.

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys next ''
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys pause ''
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys play ''
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys previous ''
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys stop ''

Or use dconf editor to change the same mappings. Once that is done you
still need to map the key codes to suitable character codes using
ir-keytable or xmodmap.

Peter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20151004/ebe50c59/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list