[mythtv-users] Fedora 22 Screen Corruption

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 06:11:19 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> In my attempts to figure out what was wrong I had cleared out my
> previous settings and reverted to the defaults, which included
> compositing being on. I disabled compositing and it seem to work
> better, no tearing and smooth playback. It halts at a program change

Ok, I think it is finally working, here is what I did:

Installed Nvidia driver version 352.21 with the defaults allowing it
to create xorg.conf

Did not disable compositing in xorg.conf.

Ran kdm, kde and Plasma desktop after clearing out the following and
allowing kde to recreate them with defaults:
~/.i3
~/.config
~/.kde
~/.cache
~/.local

Went into system settings (systemsettings5) and did the following:
Set it to autologin and run mythtv on login.
Disabled the screensaver
Disabled some desktop effects that looked like they were not helpful.
Set the compositor to Enable Compositor On Startup IS NOT Checked,
OpenGL 3.1, GLX, vsync is Re-Use Screen Content and Suspend Compositor
For Full Screen Windows IS checked.

I have no tearing, it switches to the right refresh rates, no flashing
triangles, no black menus.

I do have a couple of minor issues.

If I am playing video and bring up the kde menu or taskbar and it
tries to show a preview of the window, myth frontend locks up.

I have had recordings from some channels lose audio for a few seconds
near the beginning of the recording. I am using HdHomeruns. It is in
the recordings.

I hope this may be helpful to others.

Mark