[mythtv-users] alternative HDPVR1 cabling?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Oct 4 01:47:56 UTC 2015

I made up a little rack shelf for my HDPVR1 and DCX-3200M - they're both so light that some repurposed wire rack from the dollar-store seemed adequate to stack both boxes with a healthy gap, HDPVR on top. But I didn't consider the HDPVR "ribbon" for component or composite - that thing weighs more than both boxes! I considered, very momentarily, just hanging the boxes from that cable over a nail in the wall. :)

Does anyone one use something lighter and shorter? Does it matter?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca