[mythtv-users] No channels detected with HDHR

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Oct 4 00:10:52 UTC 2015

I'm having a variety of problems getting things setup, but I think the
crucial one may be that I can not detect any TV channels when I scan my
HDHomeRun Connect (HDHR4-2US).  Probably as a result of that, I  can not
retrieve channels from SchedulesDirect, nor can I set an initial channel.

What can I do to diagnose or solve these problems?

During the channel scan the indicator for signal strength is generally
quite good.

I am running in a VM that can do NAT, but is not otherwise invisible to the
outside.  So I wonder if the problem is that the HDHR can't transmit back
properly, even though I am able to detect the box.

Details:
Running Debian Jessie with the deb-multimedia  package of mythtv, 0.27-5.
The Virtual Machine is running under VirtualBox 4.3.18 on a Debian Wheezy
host.  The VM has a NAT and a Host-only adapter network attachment.

The HDHR box works OK from MS Windows, and I just installed the latest
firmware today from Windows.