[mythtv-users] Need a New Remote

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Thu Oct 1 13:26:12 UTC 2015

On Thursday, October 1, 2015 15:02 CEST, Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
   On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:After many years of the kids dropping my Acoustic Research remote it has finally died.  Looking for recommendations on a new remote.  Some requirements:  it needs to support mythtvability to control 5 more devices - receiver, dvd player, etcwould prefer it to be programmable and not have to learn the commands. I am not looking to spend a lot of $$, as the kids seem to drop it.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-650-Remote-Control/dp/B004OVECU0
  Thanks,Mike
 I'm on my second harmony and, once they are set up, they are "quite" good.

 There are one or two problems

1. The setup for the later ones is Doze only, although I did manage my older one through concordance/congruity.
2. They don't necessarily control all devices equally easily. My newer harmony "touch" has trouble with imon IR receiver on my mythbox, while the older harmony had no difficulty at all.

3. They're not quite "cheap"

BR.

--Marius--