[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 19:20:54 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-11-28 at 19:12 +0000, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> Lawrence,
>
> Initial feedback on second build:
>
> All are using HDMI (with audio) into LG 42LM3450 TV, gpu_mem=256, openmax
>
> 0.27.5-80 only quickly tested with eglfs.
>
> Works great with my Freeview (SD) backend, News Feeds and Web not
> working (no web pages displayed).
> All the basic stuff is working.

Thanks for your feedback.

Myth's WebView pages aren't totally Qt 5.x compatible and need
significant work.  Plus there is a major problem with javascript which
causes the FE to crash.  I have a patch to disable javascript if passed
a command line setting.  Maybe I'll add that to the list of patches.

> 0.28-pre-3207
>
> eglfs seg faults on startup, no mythtv screens are displayed, but it
> does connect to the backend.

Make sure that you select a Qt GUI.  EGLFS & an OpenGL GUI are very
flaky together.

>      Works with my test Freesat (SD/HD) system using xcb, but picture
> judders from time to time.

Maybe try over-clocking the core and gpu.  Add this to /boot/config.txt:

core_freq=450
gpu_freq=300
sdram_freq=467
over_voltage=2

>      Again, News Feeds and Web do not work.
>      Music, Video and recorded TV playback all work great.
>      Recordings can be scheduled.
>
> Also I tried building 0.27 from source (on Debian Jessie) using the
> updated mythbuild.sh, still same problem with qt x11 not found (I did
> add libx11-dev to the host system as you suggested, but it made no
> difference). I am way out of my depth with qt!

I have just received my Raspberry Zero board which I have setup with
Jessie.  I will look into x-building for Jessie later this week and
hopefully have Myth running on the Zero.

-- Lawrence Rust