[mythtv-users] HD-PVR question about resolution

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 29 16:21:14 UTC 2015

Had my house power panel upgraded, something happened; the Pace STB and
HD-PVR died...ended up replacing both (cable co replaced the Pace 700
with Pace RNG-150N).

The new HD-PVR would only get a channel lock when I set the STB output
resolution to 720p (was 1080p60 by default - Myth reported 20% signal
then failed).  I tried 1080i, which is advertised to be supported, but
it didn't work until I dropped to 720p.  Should 1080i work?

PS - With STB at 1080i, the HD PVR initially locked, then froze when
changing channels.

Hd PVR firmware version = hdpvr_1.7.1.30059
Mythbuntu version = 12.04
kernel version = 3.13.0-68-generic

---