[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Nov 19 00:09:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> I installed it on Wheezy and it is working!
>
> The video is a bit jerky, I suspect I may not have the mpeg2 licence
> correctly set up.
>
> I am running it from a terminal inside the GUI.  One thing strange,
> after I exit I see it is trying to execute in bash all the keystrokes
> from when I was running mythtv. Temporarily adding a cat after the
> command that runs the frontend to catch those.
>
> When playing a video that is widescreen with 4x3 monitor - there is junk
> left over in the top and bottom bars on the screen which would normally
> be black.

I noticed the jerky video too... but playing mpeg4 content from an HDPVR.
 in my case I suspect it's because I am testing on a monitor rather than a
TV, so it has no sound to sync with.

But I did notice that the UI is a bit slow.  Was doing some research on
adjusting the memory split to assign more to the GPU to see if it helps any.

But overall, I would say that this is a huge win... thank you Lawrence and
anyone else who contributed.