[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 22:20:30 UTC 2015

-----Original message-----
From:Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net>
Sent:Wed 18-11-2015 21:35
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;
I installed it on Wheezy and it is working!

The video is a bit jerky, I suspect I may not have the mpeg2 licence
correctly set up.

I am running it from a terminal inside the GUI.  One thing strange,
after I exit I see it is trying to execute in bash all the keystrokes
from when I was running mythtv. Temporarily adding a cat after the
command that runs the frontend to catch those.

When playing a video that is widescreen with 4x3 monitor - there is junk
left over in the top and bottom bars on the screen which would normally
be black.

Peter Bennett

Well I don't know wjhat my fresh Wheezy install is missing, but I was unable to install libxcb-sync0

Then, when I try to run the frontend, I get this error:

/home/pi/mythtv-rpi/bin/mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I imagine that the two problems are related.

Anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

Regards,

Dave.

PS. Thanks to Lawrence for his efforts to get a frontend working on the Raspberry Pi, it's something that many people have asked for, but no-one has, until now, been able to deliver.