[mythtv-users] Comcast MP4 and VDA/VDPAU

Yeechang Lee ylee at columbia.edu
Tue Nov 17 19:22:38 UTC 2015

Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> says:
> I posted it here http://www.filetolink.com/4bd9ced67e and started a
> ticket https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12546

Phil, I tried your clip (the second one from Google Drive, not the
broken first one from filetolink), and it doesn't show captions for me
either.

I noticed that the clip on a Mac 0.26 frontend does not trigger VDA
hardware-accelerated playback. In my experience VDA supports a much
smaller number of encodings than Nvidia VDPAU, so this isn't the first
such. (It does support HD-PVR recordings, no doubt the largest single
source of h.264/MP4 content for MythTV.)  My VDPAU frontend is down at
the moment; in your experience, does VDPAU support Comcast's MP4
channels?

--
Frontends:		Pentium 4 3.0GHz, MacBook Pro 2.4GHz
Backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 9.0TB in JBOD