[mythtv-users] Gigabyte Brix Celeron N2807

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Tue Nov 17 13:11:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just bought one of these units
(http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5038#ov). The
price was right, and I had the RAM and SSD already.

The first thing I did was install Lubuntu and a mythfrontend.  It works
pretty well, but my regular frontend is a quad core AMD with an Nvidia
GT 730.  There are definitely quality differences in the video.

vainfo gives me this:

vainfo: VA-API version: 0.38 (libva 1.6.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Bay Trail - 1.6.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileMPEG2Main              :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
       VAProfileH264StereoHigh         :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Simple              :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Main                :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileVC1Advanced            :    VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
       VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :    VAEntrypointVLD

Is there anything I can do to tweak the video?  Kodi seems to give me
better quality.

I'd probably be better off with the Brix i3 version and Intel HD 5500
video, but it has a fan and I'm not sure how much noise it generates.

Gerald