[mythtv-users] Guide updates for CBS and TNT this evening

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:50:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gary ....

Do not (really) thank me.  I just looked at one of the
news sites I monitor and and one of them mentioned
CBS (and TNT) have chosen to change their airing
episode order for Supergirl, NCSI: LA, and Legends,
and I recall the last time this occurred and a number
of individuals were "unhappy" they had not gotten the
warning.

To be honest, I had mixed feelings about posting
this to the list which could annoy others as being
irrelevant to their interests, but in the end I decided
to chance it.

I think there is a recommendation (somewhere on
the wiki) that forcing an update of EPG data before
"prime time" is sometimes advisable, with all the
usual caveats regarding that more harm than good
will sometimes occur(*).

Gary

(*) There is a period during the updates from Schedules
Direct when there is no guide data available at all
so (especially on very very slow systems) one can
end up with some scheduling anomalies (i.e.
missing recordings).