[mythtv-users] Upgraded database, myth* can't connect

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Nov 16 18:32:24 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 05:21 PM, Dale Pontius wrote:
> This past weekend I finally upgraded my database, and moved from mysql
> to mariadb.  Now none of the normal myth* programs can connect to it.
>
> I can successfully connect at the command line with: "mysql -u mythtv -p
> -h <name> mythconverg".  On the backend system I can omit the "-h",
> which I presume means connecting through a Unix socket.  I can connect
> to loopback, I can connect to the machine by IP.  I can run the command
> from other machines on my network and connect OK.
>
> Also on the backend system, I can run mythconverg_backup.pl and
> optimize_mythdb.pl.  Plus when I unzip the database backup file, it
> looks good.
>
> I just can't run mythtv-setup or mythbackend.  I get:
> $ mythbackend
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL3 QMYSQL
>
> Cannot login to database

That message means that one of the required sub-packages has not been
installed

This is portion of the 'dependencies' script which I run when
(re)building mythtv. This catches all the needed packages (including
'devel' libraries).  (This is Fedora naming conventions).

yum install
         mariadb mariadb-devel mariadb-server \
         qt qt-x11 qt-devel qt-mysql lm_sensors \
         qt-webkit qt-webkit-devel qt3-devel

Geoff