[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Tom Bongiorno tbjr at bongohut.com
Tue Nov 10 21:44:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 10/11/15 17:42, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
>
>> [deletia]
>>>

>> Outside of our niche group, MythTV users and the like, who is creating
>> their own MPEG2 content?
>>
>> Well, every Standard Definition digital TV broadcast in the UK, for
> starters.
>
> HD has gone to h264 but I don't think there are any plans to retrofit to
> SD. There's just too much existing hardware out there.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

So, who is this non MythTV user, who is broadcasting his SD home videos in
MPEG2 format all over the UK?

The only point I am trying to make is that all of these streaming devices
are made for streaming commercial content over the internet and, as jedi
mentioned, personal content. Outside of MythTV users and the like, I know
of no personal content encoded in MPEG2.

I will ask my question again. Outside of our niche group, MythTV users and
the like, who is creating their own MPEG2 content?