[mythtv-users] MuMuDVB and MythTV

Al Esch colonelguf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:04:46 UTC 2015

On 11/9/2015 5:34 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Mark,
>
> Monday, November 9, 2015, 2:11:20 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Is anyone using MuMuDVB that is able to share a config file / playlist file
>> example?
>> I am having trouble getting this working with MythTV. I have been following
>> the instructions here:
>> http://www.mumudvb.net/doc/mumudvb-1.7.2/README.html#_mythtv.
>> It seems to work very well streaming to VLC locally provided the IP address
>> for mumudvb is the local server IP address. I get audio, video and even EIT
>> data. But I get nothing remotely either in VLC or mythtv. If I change the
>> mumudvb config IP address to be the remote VLC address then it works fine in
>> VLC remotely, but still nothing in MythTV.
>> The remote VLC complains about binding non local rtp address (which is why I
>> assume it works when I set the mumudvb ip address to the remote vlc
>> address). But my concept is to allow streaming to multiple clients, so
>> shouldn't the mumudvb IP address be the mumudvb server address?
> If I look at the IPTV recorder examples on the wiki, the m3u file
> looks something like:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,300 - NASA TV
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=hls.nasatv
> http://public.infozen.cshls.lldns.net/infozen/public/public.m3u8
> #EXTINF:0,304 - BBC News
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=hls.bbcnews
> http://akamedia2.lsops.net/live/bbcworld1_en.smil/playlist.m3u8
>
> So they point all to a m3u8 file and have an xmltvid added.
>

> Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

I have the same problem with trying to stream from a TVheadend box.
Tvheadend has urls to stream channels using iptv, and if I paste an url
into VLC, it plays fine. The url looks like this:
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/a559bf0b35c3e9a6c8343ccb36d4481f?title=TNNE

I made a .m3u file and scanned with mythtv setup, this is part of the file:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,1001 - GVX HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/9d819a83506f04c9c2a3516952773749?title=GVX%20HD
#EXTINF:0,1002 - GVV HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/be88b545c042d80dbb75729bec5da6b2?title=GVV%20HD
#EXTINF:0,1002 - GVTV HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/71c155e055c9e4a3c1bf3148729ddc86?title=GVTV%20HD
#EXTINF:0,1003 - GVMV HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/f10e6da30efb60536f778328558085da?title=GVMV%20HD
#EXTINF:0,1004 - RTV
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=88925
http://192.168.1.38:9981/play/stream/channel/e591b56df9c8f23d014c0f2e252dc09a?title=PBJE

When I open a channel in VLC, the tvheadend log shows the connection and
status. When I try to open a channel in Mythtv, tvheadend log doesn't
show any activity. The Mythtv backend log shows the correct url was
attempted, so I know the .m3u file was scanned correctly.

Mythtv will play web urls like this:
http://wgntribune-lh.akamaihd.net/i/WGNPrimary_1@304622/index_350_av-p.m3u8?
rtmp://hsn.mpl.miisolutions.net:1935/hsn-live01/_definst_/mp4:468p500kB31 playpath=mp4:468p500kB31
The urls don't always point to a m3u file, and the xmltvid is optional.

When I have tried different web iptv channels in the past, usually if
VLC would play the url, mythtv would play it as well.
I don't know where to begin looking to diagnose this. Thanks for any advice.