[mythtv-users] MuMuDVB and MythTV

Mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:11:20 UTC 2015

Is anyone using MuMuDVB that is able to share a config file / playlist file
example?

I am having trouble getting this working with MythTV. I have been following
the instructions here:
http://www.mumudvb.net/doc/mumudvb-1.7.2/README.html#_mythtv.

It seems to work very well streaming to VLC locally provided the IP address
for mumudvb is the local server IP address. I get audio, video and even EIT
data. But I get nothing remotely either in VLC or mythtv. If I change the
mumudvb config IP address to be the remote VLC address then it works fine in
VLC remotely, but still nothing in MythTV.

The remote VLC complains about binding non local rtp address (which is why I
assume it works when I set the mumudvb ip address to the remote vlc
address). But my concept is to allow streaming to multiple clients, so
shouldn't the mumudvb IP address be the mumudvb server address?

My mumudvb server config files are as follows (one multiplex). Inline
comments are added here but are not in the real files.:
freq=177500
modulation=QAM64
delivery_system=DVBT
card=0
tuner=0
tuning_timeout=30
timeout_no_diff=60
check_status=1

bandwidth=7MHz
trans_mode=8k
guardinterval=1/16

rewrite_pat=1
rewrite_sdt=1
rewrite_eit=1
sort_eit=1
rtp_header=0
dvr_thread=1
dvr_thread_buffer_size=5000
sap=1

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243  ##IP address here is of mumudvb server
port=4071
name=78 - RACING.COM
pids=1408 1409 1410
service_id=1368

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4072
name=7 - 7 Digital
pids=1280 1281 1282 1284
service_id=1360

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4073
name=71 - 7 Digital 1
pids=1296 1281 1282 1284
service_id=1361

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4074
name=72 - 7TWO
pids=1312 1313 1314 1316
service_id=1362

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4075
name=73 - 7mate
pids=1328 1329 1331 1333
service_id=1363

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4076
name=70 - 7 Digital
pids=1344 1281 1282 1284
service_id=1364

new_channel
ip=192.168.1.243
port=4077
name=74 - TV4ME
pids=1392 1393 1394
service_id=1367

And corresponding segment of playlist file (MythTV appears to load the
playlist fine, but I assume that is just parsing the file):
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,7 - 7 Digital
udp://192.168.1.243:4072
#EXTINF:0,71 - 7 Digital 1