[mythtv-users] Minimum Memory reqs for Mythfrontend?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:49:11 UTC 2015

I realise the Wiki says 1GB if running hi def and graphics rich theme.

However I'm just doing some rationalisation of kit and as a test
lobbed just 2GB into a mythfrontend.....it has a decent i7 processor
(this is a test so I want to see if memory is a bottleneck) and
running a 1080p movie I'm getting stutter within 5 mins.

Looking at HTOP mythfrontend is using 74% of available memory and the
swap file isn't getting used.

Any thoughts on optimising to use only 2GB in the box?

Thanks

Tony