[mythtv-users] Updates changing /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf bind-addr setting

Andrew Codrington andrew.codrington at fidenti.ca
Wed Nov 4 17:39:22 UTC 2015

Hi there,
I'm on mythbuntu 14.4 LTS with .28 updates.

It's been working wonderfully, but the last two times I've accepted updates
the mysql config has been changed in  /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf

The main impact is that the bind-addr setting is commented out and
mythfrontend can't connect.

The first time it took me a while to figure out what happened, and the
second time it was an easy fix.

Am I supposed to be putting that setting somewhere else so that it doesn't
get whomped on update?

Cheers,
Andrew