[mythtv-users] lirc config for u-verse (Cisco IPN4320)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 03:16:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 2:01 AM, Richard F. Ostrow Jr.
<rich at warfaresdl.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I tried a motorolla VIP 1200 config, but irw was silent when I pointed
> my remote at it and tried a few buttons. Unless you're implying that the
> device understands additional codes beyond the remote itself... that would
> be interesting, and I'd have to set up my blaster to test it with

I have seen cases where the configs in lirc only worked for blasting,
but a "correct" config should work for either.

As John Adams indicated, this is likely a RC-MM protocol.  There are a
couple of additional "starter set" configs for that, and may be where you
need to go if Mr. Adams file is not adequite.

I presume you have browsed the lirc configs at:
http://lirc-remotes.sourceforge.net/remotes-table.html

including (for u-verse):
 https://sf.net/p/lirc-remotes/code/ci/master/tree/remotes/att/U-Verse.lircd.conf

Good luck.