[mythtv-users] lirc config for u-verse (Cisco IPN4320)

Richard F. Ostrow Jr. rich at warfaresdl.com
Mon Nov 2 01:08:16 UTC 2015

I've done a google search, I've tried my streamzap receiver (which
blinks, but refuses to capture anything), thrown in my old USB_UIRT2_RAW
transceiver and run irrecord... and I've had no luck getting the IR
codes from the remote for this device. Has anyone successfully generated
codes for it yet? In my case, the best I've been able to do is generate
codes via irrecord using the USB_UIRT2_RAW device (without templates)...
which generates about 4 unique codes for all buttons (meaning the rest
are duplicates). Interestingly enough, when watching via irw in such
cases, holding a button down will sometimes show up as one code, then as
another code. I've tried using the generic templates on it, and the only
one that appeared to work at all was "RCMM-32.conf"... but when I use
irw to attempt to verify that it got the codes, nothing shows up. I've
tried switching to raw mode (-f option), but irrecord then fails
immediately on every button press after the pattern recognition stage
with the most descriptive error message ever: "Something went wrong".

I'm beginning to think that there's some form of encryption on the
codes... but that's ridiculous, isn't it?

--
Life without passion is death in disguise