[mythtv-users] Update on MythTV Player

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun May 31 02:57:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-05-30 at 17:51 -0500, Bill Meek wrote:
> That works great for recordings. but in this case the OP has lots of
> recordings that are already moved to videos.

Indeed.  And named like: Title/S??E?? - Subtitle.mkv

> This is helpful: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library#Mass_Metadata_Grabbing
> and links to this (that's important) https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

But I would think the parsing is working if in INFO->Change Video
Details->Edit Details all of the metadata is correct: Title, Subtitle,
Season, Episode.  Choosing Cover Art: Click to select from online
coverart show correct cover art, etc.  But I select the coverart from
the list it gives me, the Cover Art: field changes to
~/.mythtv/MythVideo/Artwork/<Title> (but it's cut off so I can't see the
full filename).

> mythutil --scanvideos (or use the GUI.) The do the m -> Retrieve All Details
> mentioned earlier. Just copied 16 recordings to videos A-OK. Banners, Coverart
> and Fanart just appear like magic.

No magic here.  :-(

The weird part of it all is that it's not like I don't have any coverart
at all.  There are a very few items I do have coverart for but they are
very few.

Cheers,
b.