[mythtv-users] Update on MythTV Player

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun May 31 02:42:14 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-05-30 at 13:06 -0500, Bill Meek wrote:

> It's been so long, I'm not clear. But in Videos, on a specific video,
> press m -> Retrieve All Details.

That doesn't work.  Nothing changes in terms of artwork, etc.

> Maybe someone else will chime in if
> there's a way to do a bulk retrieve.
>
> You can check the details with i -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
> and in the TMDB box, expect something like ttvdb.py_12345 (as I recall
> from G+, you move recordings to videos, otherwise, tmdb.py...)

So that appears to be correct already for a given video I have no
artwork for.

> There are 'buttons' to get the artwork, so you can choose what the BE
> (and therefore the app) will display. Or, if you had things like home
> movies, you can choose your own local art.

So yeah.  For "Cover Art" I can "Click to select from online
coverart..." and when I do that, I get a single choice which is correct.
Even when I choose the correct cover art and then ESC back to the
episode list, I still just see the generic art.

> The app gets the coverart like this (so you can try it from a browser):
>
>      <BE>:6544/Content/GetVideoArtwork?Id=123&Width=175

I get a blank white page, even after choosing art above.

> Where Id=123 above is the intid in videometadata. You can add the Type=
> parameter, but it defaults to Coverart.

Yeah, blank, empty page.

Cheers,
b.