[mythtv-users] Slave now records but deletes recordings within the hour

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat May 30 08:34:23 UTC 2015

On 30/05/15 03:36, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> Hoi Robin,
>>
>> Friday, May 29, 2015, 12:05:20 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Oh what a sorry state my system is in!!
>>
>>> The slave now records having pointed it at 500gigs of disk partition but
>>> within the hour the recording has disappeared unless I manually turn off
>>> the expire flag.
>>
>>> Its set as 20gigs free space and there are no log messages indicating
>>> that
>>> it is actually expiring anything, they just go!!
>>
>>> What log options (master and slave) should I use to find out what is
>>> going
>>> on?
>>
>> There is an option whether every backend manages it's own diskspace or
>> that the master will. I don't know where precisely. My guess, it's set
>> to let the master manage it. What if you change it?
>
> Thanks for all the help over the last few days with trying to get a slave
> backend going.
>
> I've solved the issue by scrapping the whole idea, I've put the dodgy
> capture card into the (new) master backend and keep my fingers crossed
> that it holds together until I get a better solution to talking to the
> STB.
>
> One of the really frustrating things was running mythtv-setup on one
> backend and it changed all the settings on both of them. My expectation
> was the setup should all happen on the master with only the capture card
> setup happening on the slave (which needs access to the physical device).
>
> Never mind...
>
> Just one more issue to sort out now :)

Ah! Your last comment probably points the way to your problem. If it tried to
change the settings for "both" backends is there a possibility it thought they
were the same one? That might explain the symptoms you were seeing.

I would have a good look at the settings table in the database and see if you
somehow have duplicate rows. Other things to check are *all* config.xml
locations and contents on *both* machines and to make sure that the old database
on the slave was not active at all.

--

Mike Perkins