[mythtv-users] One PCI DVB-T card, 2 items in lspci

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:55:58 UTC 2015

I have a DVB-T card which I've installed on a Proxmox server (a hypervisor
similar to vmWare ESXi, XenServer etc). I'm trying to get PCI passthrough
working on a MythBuntu VM and I'm part way there. One thing I'm confused
about is that the PCI card shows up with two entries when you run lspci:

05:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3
PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
05:02.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI
Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

Why is that? I'[m asking because I can only get one of them to pass through
to the MythBuntu VM (the one with ID 05:02.2).