[mythtv-users] Advice on exporting recordings - Where to start? myth_make_x264.pl?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed May 27 14:03:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Matthias Thyroff <lists at thyroff.net> wrote:
> There are so many approaches to this topic, is there any
> such thing as an "official approach"?

Not really.  User jobs can do just about anything and lots of people
have approached this problem and developed solutions specific to their
needs and desires for exactly how they would like it to work for them
at that time.

I posted my scripts here in Februrary.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/582596#582596

They work for me.  Trimming the commercials is a manual step that
needs to be done before the transcode, but after that I just kick off
the job and the file shows up some time later in a special folder
under Myth Video.

Eric