[mythtv-users] Update on MythTV Player

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:16:11 UTC 2015

Just a quick update.  Version 1.1.10 was pushed to the production release
last night. This release brings full searching across all fields in the
recordings data.  Title, subtitle, channel, episode, etc.  Also, if you are
on v0.28 you can search cast member names, etc.

Version 1.1.11 is now in beta.  If you are in the G+ community, you have
access to this version for testing.  This release contains our first
translation to German.  If anyone is interested in translating the app,
please see this wiki page on github:
https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythtvPlayerForAndroid/wiki/_Translation-Process

This release also addresses users with large collections of videos or
recordings.  It also adds the ability to enable parental controls and
restrict videos by content rating.

Lastly, Version 1.1.12 is now in alpha.  This release introduces Recording
Groups for Recordings.  There was also work performed to honor the
Recording Groups, Parental Controls, Content Ratings and Adult tab contents
for videos in search results.  So if you set any or all of these settings,
your search results will only include what you enable to be shown.

I will be adding a password or a pin to the settings, if you choose to
enable it, so that you can prevent other, young, users from being able to
modify these settings once set.

Dan