[mythtv-users] Can't find storage group to delete it

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 27 10:49:44 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 03:33 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Ok - I've removed the directories from the slave, restarted both backends
>> and now the slave logs are filling up with
>>
>> 2015-05-27 13:08:53.440836 N [10806/10806] CoreContext mainserver.cpp:6259
>> (reconnectTimeout) - Connecting to master server: 192.168.1.12:6543
> [snip]
>
> Put the directory back on the slave and the errors go away.
>
> This is just *SO* broken in 0.27.4
>
> If there is no directory with the same name on the slave as the main
> storage group on the master, why does the master keep asking how big it is
> and timing out?

Sounds like you're removing /all/ directories from the Default Storage
Group from the remote backend.  You cannot run a backend without any
valid directories***, so either add a new directory name to the Default
SG and make that directory (and set appropriate permissions) on the
remote backend or put back one (or more) of the directories that are
already in the Default SG.

Mike

*** Running a backend implies you have some sort of capture device and
an ability to record, therefore, the backend must have a location for
recording files.