[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording shows

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed May 27 08:27:39 UTC 2015

On 27/05/15 05:39, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:17 AM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
>> Every now and then, I find that MythTV has stopped recording a show.
>
> There are many possible reasons.  Perhaps you can review
> your database backup and your current configuration
> to determine what your recording rule(s) specifies for criteria
> (as I recall specifying things like "this channel" can be
> especially problematic if sometime between the time of the
> rule creation and the time for the next recording you update
> your video sources which change the chanid (try to avoid
> using "this channel")).

I see something similar from time to time. All of a sudden, myth will stop
scheduling anything beyond a certain date. Recording schedules look OK but there
are programs in the guide that just aren't being picked up.

If I leave things alone, several days before the missing programs are due the
scheduler suddenly begins to pick them up again. I have no idea why this
happens, but I haven't lost anything yet because of it.

--

Mike Perkins