[mythtv-users] Can't find storage group to delete it

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue May 26 12:20:37 UTC 2015

> All that said, what exactly are you trying to do?  I wonder if you're
> making things more complex than they need to be.

I'm trying to do something really really simple.

Convert a 6 year old master backend into a slave and replace it with a
bright shiny new one.

Take database backup off old box, copy all files to new one, restore db to
new box, change hostname so new master is autonomous but keep one old
tuner in the slave.

Why a slave? Just until I can find a better way of connecting an STB into
the system. Why have it in a separate box? The svideo card is dying and I
don't want to have top keep power cycling the main server  (master) to get
another couple of days out of it before the next failure.

No renaming of directories, no defining storage groups on the slave, no
unmounting old storage areas I want to keep as a backup for a couple of
weeks.

Like I say - nice and simple.

--
Robin Gilks