[mythtv-users] Can't find storage group to delete it

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue May 26 10:36:14 UTC 2015

> Hoi Robin,

>>> Are you sure it's a storage group and not a folder defined in the SB's
>>> frontend's mythvideo settings?
>>>
>>> Yianni
>>>

>> Pretty sure - the frontend (on classic menu theme) TV/System
>> Status/Machine Status show Mythtv Drive #1 which is on the master and
>> Mythtv Drive #2 which is on the slave which shouldn't be using any
>> storage.
>
>> Both are reporting the same path but the details correspond to the
>> actual
>> master & slave disk stats.
>
> Does the path of a storagedirectory on the master exist on the slave?
> I have this with an nfs directory.
> The path where a storage directory on the master is mounted exists on
> the slave. Even though on the slave nothing is mounted there. I
> haven't taken action jet, because it's not used, but mythweb reports
> it.

Yup - the path is the same on both master and slave (/mnt/store).

The master/mnt/store is the real 1.5Tb TV recording volume.

The slave/mnt/store used to be used when that machine was the master but I
*specifically* don't want it to be used now it is a slave - I want all
storage on the master

Trouble is the slave *IS* using an unconfigured volume (according to the
storagegroup table anyway). If I unmount the disk on the slave it starts
to fill up the root drive or if I write protect it the slave backend
complains it can't write to it and fails to record anything.

--
Robin Gilks