[mythtv-users] HELP - connected slave and all recording expired

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon May 25 08:19:50 UTC 2015

> Since I'll be doing a complete restore to recover the lost recordings,
> I'll be re-doing everything again (again!) so this time I'll make sure the
> old mysql server is shut down as it appears I have a rogue config.xml or
> mysql.txt file lurking somewhere.

So I've cleared out all the old mysql.txt files and config.xml files and
have just one config.xml file in /etc/mythtv with symlinks to it as
required.

I've stopped mysql on the old box and fired up the backend and it now
connects correctly as a slave and the tuner is accessible.

Still one problem - the frontends report the 1Tb of storage on the slave
backend but mythtv-setup on the slave says nothing is defined for it. How
do I remove it if the slave has nothing defined and the master only has
the one entry for its own default storage group.

Looking in mysql I can find nothing in the storage group table that refers
to the slave so what is going on?

--
Robin Gilks