[mythtv-users] HELP - connected slave and all recording expired

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun May 24 06:13:03 UTC 2015

AAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just when I thought I'd got the migration of things to a new machine
finally sorted I seen to have lost most of my recordings.

I kept the STB analog card in the old machine and made it into a slave. I
started the slave backend whereupon a whole slew of expire messages
scrolled up the master backend log screen I was doing a 'tail' of and
everything not explicitly set with auto-expire off has gone.

When I made the old machine into a slave, should I have removed the
storage directory from it? There was no option to remove, only to create a
default storage group.

Is it just me finding this so difficult?

--
Robin Gilks